Our library hours will temporarily change during the festive season.
- Friday 23rd December – Regular opening hours
- Saturday 24th December – Closed
- Sunday 25th December – Closed for Christmas Day
- Monday 26th December – Closed for Boxing Day
- Tuesday 27th December – Closed for Christmas Day public holiday
- Wednesday 28th December – *Branches closing at 5pm
- Thursday 29th December – *Branches closing at 5pm
- Friday 30th December – *Branches closing at 5pm
- Saturday 31st December – Closed
- Sunday 1st January – Closed
- Monday 2nd January – Closed for New Year’s Day public holiday
- Tuesday 3rd January – Regular opening hours resume.
*Please note that the 5pm closing time only applies to branches that are regularly open past this time.
You can also check our website for individual branch hours during the holiday season. Our library branches will resume their regular opening hours from Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
Patrons with a 24/7 membership can access Foster, Poowong and Mirboo North libraries any time during the festive season for browsing, borrowing and connecting to the WiFi network. To find out more about 24/7 Myli libraries, please click here.
Our online resources can be accessed from the comfort of your home or holiday location at any time. Browse our website to discover a large range of e-books, e-audiobooks, digital magazines, movie streaming and children’s resources.
Coping with Christmas
For many people, the festive season is a jolly time to connect with others and celebrate the year. But financial issues, family conflict and loneliness can increase stress for people with anxiety or depression in the lead up to Christmas and the new year. Click here to access an article from Reach Out with resources and tips for managing the holiday season.
1800RESPECT: Confidential information, counselling and support service open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.
Head to Health: An innovative website that can help you find free and low-cost, trusted online and phone mental health resources.
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800
A free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.
Gambling Help Online: Gambling Help Online is a free, confidential service that operates 24/7 to provide online support and referral for anyone affected by gambling.
Access further support through national Helplines and websites here.
Myli Community Libraries wishes all of our patrons a very happy and healthy festive season.