Chances are that you have heard of a Justice of the Peace, but do you know what they actually do? During Law Week our team member Shelley sat down with Bernard, a JP who operates out of our signing centre in Warragul Library to ask him some questions.
The Justices of the Peace are available Monday to Friday 10:00am-2:00pm and provide a free service to all members of the community and act as an independent witness to documents that are used for official or legal purposes. Their services primarily include:
– attesting to the execution of a document
– witnessing a statutory declaration
– witnessing an affidavit for use in court
– certifying true copies of an original documentary
– certifying a person’s identity.
For more information, please phone the branch on 56 222 848.