Warm Winter Read Wednesday 1 June – Sunday 31 July 2022
Calling all early risers, morning motivators, lunchtime readers, after work relaxers, and bedtime snugglers – incorporate reading into your daily routine with the Warm Winter Read.
Start a book from your TBR (to-be-read) pile, finish that book you put down months ago, or find something new while browsing the library shelves – the Warm Winter Read is waiting for you!
What is the Warm Winter Read?
The Warm Winter Read aims to encourage adult readers across Victoria to create healthy reading habits by tracking days read during June and July 2022. The challenge is designed for ages 16+.
Want to participate?
Log each day you spend time reading, between Wednesday 1 June – Sunday 31 July.
You can log your reading in a variety of ways –
- Register via the Beanstack website
- or download the Beanstack Tracker app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- or collect a paper tracker from your local library to track your reads manually.
If you need more information about the Warm Winter Read, please visit your local library and chat with our friendly team.
Warm Winter Read Challenges
The Warm Winter Read challenges are not compulsory and are designed to incorporate some fun into your reading! Check out the challenge activities below –
- Choose something to read – try a Victorian writer, ask us for a recommendation!
- Swap some screen time for reading time
- Read outside your home
- Read aloud to a pet, person or plant
- Snuggle up with your read
- Read while doing something else; commuting, waiting, doing chores (ebooks/audiobooks are great for this!)
- Talk about what you’re reading in person or online
- Choose something else to read! Choose what to read next!
Let us inspire you!
You find Warm Winter Reads displays in our library branches to help you find the perfect book to curl up with. While you’re in the library, collect bookmarks with recommended reads from Victorian authors including Jane Harper, Jock Serong, Maxine Beneba Clare, Toni Jordan, Rebecca Lim, Claire G Coleman, Helen Garner and Christos Tsiolkas.
You can also join the conversation online by sharing your progress using #WarmWinterRead. Don’t forget to tag @myliLibrary on Facebook and @myli_library on Instagram so we can see your #WarmWinterRead photos.
The Warm Winter Read was created by a working group for Public Libraries Victoria. It is sponsored by Bolinda Borrowbox, Overdrive and CloudLibrary.