Meeting room bookings are available during the following times (subject to availability);
- Warragul library – library operation hours only
- Wonthaggi library – library operation hours only
- Drouin library – during library operation hours and out of hours (conditions apply)
- Regional Support Centre (Warragul) – available between 9am – 5pm on weekdays only
- For enquiries regarding the meeting rooms at Inverloch and Grantville libraries please contact the Bass Coast Council Customer Service on 1300 226 278
- Meeting rooms at Korumburra can be booked via South Gippsland Shire Council.
Free wi-fi is available at all locations and after hours on request.
Please note in accordance with Government guidelines, smoking is not permitted at any West Gippsland Libraries location.
Meeting room booking rates
Free to local community groups (subject to availability). All other bookings by individuals, groups and businesses will incur a fee as stated below:
- $20 per hour
- $40 half day
- $80 full day rate
- $150 – 24 hour access (Drouin library only)
Terms & Conditions
The Applicant is required to use all West Gippsland Libraries (WGL) facilities in accordance with the following terms and conditions – anybody undertaking activities involving children must supply a copy of a current Working With Children Check for any events involving minors.
- WGRLC is a child-safe organisation
- Booking rates are reviewed regularly and are subject to change. Meeting rooms are free to hire by local community groups, subject to availability. A cost to hire the meeting rooms will apply to all other individuals, groups and businesses.
- A booking will not be considered confirmed until the following documentation has been provided:
- Completed copy of WGL Meeting Room Booking form
- Signed copy of conditions of Hire
- Copy of Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency
- Copy of liquor licence if applicable
- Copy of current WWCC
- Access and Key. The hirer is to collect the key for the venue requested from the library no longer than 2 days before the event. Keys must be returned through the book drop or at desk the following day. Loss of key will incur a fee. Keys are not to be given to any other person(s) and are only to be used for the time outlined in your application. Picking up the key is the responsibility of the meeting room user. Staff cannot be called out if key is not picked up during the Drouin Library opening hours.
- Equipment intended for use must be supplied by the user group unless it is already supplied (existing chattels such as the tables, chairs, projector).
- The room and/or kitchen area must be restored to the layout or storage arrangement that existed prior to the commencement of the hire/use. The hirer is responsible for leaving the meeting room(s) in a clean and tidy manner
- The room is to be vacated at the finish time stated in the booking agreement.
- Any damage to furniture, fittings or fixtures must be reported immediately to the library staff or Regional Support Centre and shall be paid for by the meeting organiser.
- Fixtures, chattels or fittings are not to be removed from the room/office or kitchen area without consent from Chief Executive Officer.
- The premises must not be used for any other purpose than that stated in the Application.
- The Applicant does not undertake activities on the premises that may adversely affect or invalidate the conditions of any insurance policies held by West Gippsland Libraries or contribute to any increase in any insurance premium.
- A Copy of a certificate of Currency for public liability insurance for a minimum of $10 million must be presented to the booking officer with the casual hire request form. The policy must be in the name of the hirer and provide cover for the planned function/event
- The hirer must not do anything in connection with the venue requested which may cause a nuisance or interference with any other person. Unsocial behaviour such as but not limited to spitting, insulting language, disorderly behaviour, excessive noise or property damage is prohibited. The hirer must make all efforts to ensure guests leave the facility in a quiet and orderly manner.
- Cancellations within 24 hours. This is a high demand space therefore we ask you to inform us of any cancellations. Ongoing bookings will be cancelled if there are 2 x non attendances.
- The Applicant and persons supervising group activities must fully familiarise themselves with the Site Emergency Procedures and all Occupational Health and Safety protocols that exist within the building.
- All electrical appliances and lights must be turned off after use.
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure security requirements of the building are adhered to.
- All groups and individuals using WGL facilities do so entirely at their own risk. WGL will not accept liability whatsoever for any damage, loss or injury arising from the use of its facilities nor for any claims for such damage, loss or injury made by third parties.
- No food, decorations, tape, etc. to be left at the venue. Tables and chairs safely stacked and returned to storage areas.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to leave the premises in a reasonable state of cleanliness, including ensuring all rubbish is contained in supplied rubbish bins. Excess rubbish must be removed by the hirer.
- All kitchenware used must be washed and stored away in the cupboards provided.
- The venue requested is not a licensed venue. The hirer must not sell or distribute any alcohol in the venue requested or allow any alcohol to be consumed or brought in to the venue requested unless the hirer has obtained a permit appropriate for the event under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (Vic). The booking officer must receive a copy of the licence prior to the function/event commencement date. The hirer is responsible and liable for the actions and behaviours of all guests attending the function/event both inside and outside of venue.
- Items such as but not limited to fireworks, confetti cannons, smoke machines and dry-ice effects are not permitted.
- All fees are payable in advance (unless by prior agreement). An invoice will be issued for the amount owing and payments are to be made to:
West Gippsland Libraries
Regional Support Centre
2/65 Victoria St, Warragul 3820