- This event has passed.
Folkie Dokey- School Holiday Event Wonthaggi Library
June 27 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join CJ and his musical puppets in this fun-filled musical trip around the world!
CJ’s journey begins in Spain where the children are introduced to the Flamenco Guitar and an interactive song that helps teach basic Spanish language. Then, just like the settlers did many years ago, CJ moves from Europe to the Appalachian mountains of North America for a good ol’ ‘hoe down’ before heading to England where ‘wise Clive’ teaches the kids about some of the most loved folklore legends. The loveable ‘Roger the monkey’ also makes an appearance and teaches the children all about Mento (Jamaican folk music).
The show features purposely written songs as well as folk classics such as: ‘The grand old duke of York’, ‘Yellow Bird’, and ‘Home Among the Gumtrees’. Catchy lyrics, quick-to-learn dance moves and important messages are all combined to make this exploration of folk music both an informative and very entertaining experience!
Wonthaggi Library – 03 5672 1875
• Tickets recommended, including adults and children.
• Children must be supervised at all times.
• Please contact the library to cancel your booking if you cannot attend.
• If you feel unwell, please stay home, and contact the branch to cancel your ticket/s.
• This event may be cancelled or if possible, moved to an online format at short notice. Myli will notify registered attendees via email of any changes made to this event.
• Myli staff may photograph and/or film this event. Your image may be reproduced by Myli Community Libraries in publications and/or promotional materials (including online publications), on its website and/or on social media. If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please advise the organiser at the event’s start. Information about Myli – Myli Community Libraries operates library services across the Bass Coast, Baw Baw and South Gippsland Shires.
Visit our website at myli.org.au
School Holiday and Early Years Events – Myli Community Libraries is a child-safe organisation.