Don’t let the colder months keep you away from your garden! Our selection of winter seeds is now available at five of our library branches: Pakenham, Emerald, Inverloch, Wonthaggi, and Drouin. Our winter seed collection offers a variety of options to suit your tastes and gardening preferences.
Choose from the following seeds:
- Bunching Onion: These mild and flavourful onions are perfect for adding a touch of freshness to your dishes. They’re great for both raw and cooked preparations.
- Shelling Pea: There’s nothing quite like the sweet taste of homegrown peas. Crisp and crunchy, shelling peas can be used in cooking or simply picked and eaten raw.
- Baby’s Breath: Known for its delicate white flowers, Baby’s Breath adds a touch of beauty to any garden. Its airy blossoms make it a perfect companion plant for other winter crops.
- Radish: Crisp, peppery, and quick to mature, radishes are an excellent choice for winter gardening. They add a pop of colour and a satisfying crunch to salads, sandwiches, and more.
- Giant Spinach: If you’re a fan of leafy greens, giant spinach is a must-try. Its large, tender leaves make it an excellent addition to soups, stews, smoothies and stir-fries.
- Mizuna: Mizuna is a versatile and flavorful leafy green that thrives in cooler temperatures. Mizuna has a peppery taste and is perfect for salads, stir-fries, or even as a garnish.
At Myli’s Seed Library, we believe in promoting sustainable gardening practices and supporting our local community. That’s why our seeds are free for library members to borrow and grow. By participating in our seed library, you not only get to enjoy fresh produce but also contribute to the preservation of heirloom and open-pollinated seed varieties.
To learn more about Myli’s Seed Library, please click the link below. Happy gardening!