The end of term 2 is fast approaching, and after a short stint of home schooling, we’re ready for a fun-filled break! West Gippsland Libraries are hosting a massive range of events during the Winter school holidays, including events for Meet Up 2021. Meet Up is a festival of unique and fun events aimed at young people aged 12-25.
School holiday activities
Our school holiday activities are suitable for school-aged children and are free to attend. Wonthaggi Library will be a hive of activity during the hols, with a special Bluey themed event, magical monster and unicorn craft sessions, and a wand craft event. Inverloch is hosting a plank building STEM event with Green Hat Workshop and tickets are being snapped up fast! Phillip Island will conduct some very special craft events during the Phillip Island Whale Festival which is an annual event celebrating the migration of whales. Chill out at Warragul during our Colouring & Movie session, or head down to beautiful Civic Park for a kite making event. We’ll be creating flowers using recycled materials at Drouin and Neerim South – this event was super popular during the April school holidays. Korumburra, Foster, Inverloch and Leongatha Libraries will be visited by the unbelievably cool, programmable Sphero Robots. Book your tickets now.
Some very special guests will join us during the holidays. Damo Music for Kids is visiting our Warragul and Wonthaggi branches. Damo is a high energy performer who loves to sing songs and read stories. Folkie Dokey is heading to our Warragul, Drouin, Wonthaggi and Korumburra branches for a fun-filled musical trip around the world! CJ and his puppets will explain the origins of folk music through the age-old art of ventriloquism. The kids will be fascinated! We are delighted to welcome back Kenny Chan for the always-popular Manga drawing workshops. Kenny is a freelance artist who has been running manga, cartooning and comic drawing workshops for almost 20 years. The Manga workshops at Warragul and Drouin are best suited to children aged 12 and above.
Meet Up 2021
Meet Up is an opportunity for young people to share ideas, attend events, showcase their talents, celebrate their contribution to the community and have fun! West Gippsland Libraries has received a $2000 grant through the 2021 Youth Week Grant, an initiative of the Victorian State Government. We have a range of free events designed for patrons aged between 12-25. Join in our creative writing workshops at Foster and Leongatha or learn how to upcycle fashion to create your own personal style. Sheldon from State of the Art Murals will be joining us at Drouin for an Introduction to Aerosol spray painting session. Wonthaggi Library will be hosting a teen movie screening of Storm Surfers – a real-life epic story of two best friends on a mission to surf the biggest wave in Australia. We are hyped for the Introduction to Drones events at Warragul Library, covering all things drone related. Book in for a comprehensive 3 hour session or a condensed 1 hour session with Michael from Drift Media.
To discover more events for Meet Up, browse our events on Eventbrite.
Important Event Information:
Due to current Government restrictions, the number of participants able to attend our events is currently limited. If a session has sold out, please contact the library branch to register your interest in attending, and we will contact you if tickets become available.
- All participants attending our events require a ticket, including adults and children.
- Events may be cancelled or, if possible, moved to an online format at short notice to comply with current Government restrictions. West Gippsland Libraries will notify attendees via email of any changes made to events.
- On arrival at West Gippsland Libraries, please check-in via the Services Victoria QR code. If you cannot check-in, please see our staff for assistance.
- Please maintain social distance and follow directional signage.
- Please follow current Government directions regarding wearing a mask.
- If you feel unwell, please stay home, and contact the branch to cancel your ticket/s.
- West Gippsland Libraries may photograph and/or film this event. Your image may be reproduced by West Gippsland Libraries in publications and/or promotional materials (including online publications), on its website and/or on social media. If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please advise the organiser at the event’s start.
- Keep updated with our current events and programs via our website and our social media pages.