The Myli – My Community Library User Code of Conduct outlines the behaviour that the Library expects from its members and visitors when in the Library. This is to ensure that your Libraries remain safe, friendly and inclusive places for everyone.
Please observe the following guidelines when visiting the Library:
- Treat other Library users and staff with respect, courtesy, and consideration
- Bullying or discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Please avoid swearing or never use abusive language.
- Please keep noise at an acceptable volume. Headphones are available for purchase from the service desk.
- Please do not take photographs or video of other Library patrons without their permission
- Food can be consumed in Library areas. Please be considerate of others and dispose of your food waste and wrapping properly. The Library is not responsible for foods that are brought in from outside, so be wary if you have any food allergies
- A responsible parent or carer should accompany children during their time in the Library, in accordance with Myli – My Community Library Unattended Children Policy.
- Use of cigarettes, drugs, e-cigs or alcohol is prohibited on Library premises.
- Please keep personal items with you at all times. The Library is not responsible for any personal items you bring into public spaces
- Please observe the opening and closing times of the Library
- In the event of an emergency, please follow the instructions of staff or emergency services
- Please treat Library equipment, furniture, and collection with respect
- Ensure that you do not access, download, or print pornographic, offensive or illegal material and comply with the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Act 1995 (ACT)
- Be mindful of the provisions in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) when you copy or reproduce Library collection material, and also ensure you adhere to the licenses for the electronic resources that the Library subscribes to
- Please make Library staff aware of any concerns you have relating to our services
- Permission from the Chief Executive Officer is required before taking professional photographs or filming in the Libraries. Identifiable images of people cannot be included in
your photographs or films without their permission
Visitors to the Library who do not comply with the Myli – My Community Library Acceptable Use Policies and these guidelines, may be asked to leave the Library or may be refused access to the
building. For your safely, a number of our Libraries have had surveillance cameras installed in public areas.
We encourage all members and visitors to our libraries to regard accident prevention and working safely as a collective and individual responsibility. Our service is governed by the Local Laws of the
Baw Baw, Bass Coast, Cardinia and South Gippsland Shire Councils and the Myli – My Community Library Local Law, policies, and procedures.