West Gippsland Libraries is proud to present our upcoming in-branch and online author events in August and September.
Online event – In Conversation with Vikki Petraitis
Wednesday 25th August 6.30pm
Online via Zoom
Vikki Petraitis is the author of more than a dozen true crime books, including The Phillip Island Murder, Once a Copper, The Frankston Murders, Inside The Law and Cops, Drugs, Lawyer X and Me. Vikki has fascinating insights into the underbelly of the Australian crime world and the devastating impact of violence against women and the loved ones that are left behind. During this online event, Vikki will discuss her books and podcast with author Claire Halliday. Place Vikki’s titles on hold here.
This event is hosted in partnership with Latrobe City Libraries, Wellington Shire Libraries and East Gippsland Shire Libraries.
– Wednesday 1st September 2pm
– Thursday 2nd September 2pm & 4.30pm
Beau Miles is an award-winning filmmaker, poly-jobist, speaker, writer, and new dad who has been finding ways to satisfy his adventurous spirit both aboard and in his backyard. Beau will speak about his new book ‘The Backyard Adventure’ and show snippets from his films. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, and copies of The Backyard Adventure will be available to purchase at the event. Place Beau’s title on hold here.
Online event – In Conversation with Monica McInerney
Wednesday 1st September 6.30pm
Online via Zoom
Monica McInerney is the author of 13 books, including Lola’s Secret, The House of Memories, The Alphabet Sisters and Those Faraday Girls. Join us for an In Conversation event with Monica and author Claire Halliday. Monica will speak about her new novel, The Godmothers, a moving tale of sorrow, lies, love and hope, set in Australia, England, Ireland and Scotland.
This event is hosted in partnership with Latrobe City Libraries, Wellington Shire Libraries and East Gippsland Shire Libraries. Place Monica’s titles on hold here.
In-branch event – Kate Gale
Tuesday 7th September 5.30pm
Breast cancer survivor and living life to the full, Gippsland author Kate Gale talks about life’s up’s and down and her new book, Thanks for the Mammaries. Kate will discuss the curve balls that life has thrown at her and the lessons she has learnt along the way. Place Kate’s titles on hold here.
Information about events at West Gippsland Libraries
- All participants attending events require a ticket, including adults and children.
- Events may be cancelled or if possible, moved to an online format at short notice to comply with current Government restrictions. West Gippsland Libraries will notify attendees via email of any changes made to events.
- On arrival at West Gippsland Libraries, please check in via the Services Victoria QR code. If you cannot check in, please see our staff for assistance.
- Please follow Government regulations regarding mask-wearing unless you have a lawful reason not to do so.
- Please maintain social distance and follow directional signage.
- If you feel unwell, please stay home, and contact the branch to cancel your ticket/s.
- West Gippsland Libraries may photograph and/or film events. Your image may be reproduced by West Gippsland Libraries in publications and/or promotional materials (including online publications), on its website and/or on social media. If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please advise the organiser at the event’s start.